Friday, April 22, 2011

Will Korkers start selling hair hackles next?

This just came to my inbox and the first thing that comes to mind is a great company with great product trying to appeal to the fashion minded fly fisher. Not the first time for a fly fishing company and certainly not the last either.

An extended marketing thought "You too can been seen on the river in this exclusive, limited edition boot, becoming all the talk of your envious fly fisher buddies."

Don't get me wrong, I love my Korkers and think they are a great product, but either offer the product to everyone or don't offer it at all.

2 comments :

  1. Must not be too exclusive. I got the email as well. Besides, I want the best equipment I can afford not what a company tells me I can't live without.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cofisher, you are right that it is not an exclusive offer, but with only 400 pairs available I made the leap to calling the boots exclusive.

    Their standard Chrome Boot, of the same design, lists for $180 while this version sells for $230. I guess if one loves the dark design (which does look cool on these boots) then one might fork out an additional $50 to get them.

    I still would prefer to see Korkers offer these as part of their product line instead of trying to up-sell their products through limited availability offers like this.

    ReplyDelete