Sunday, October 23, 2011

Mile High Fly -- The Movie

 -- Director and Cinematographer --
When I was a kid going on vacation, my dad would take hundreds of pictures with his Nikon cameras on Kodak Ektachrome film and create engaging, music synchronized slide shows with multiple projectors. He would spend weeks putting these shows together and finally, on that special night, we would file down to the finished basement, take a seat at the bar, grab a Coke and some popcorn, dim the lights and the show would begin. For the next twenty minutes, we would relive every waking moment of our vacation through the eyes of my father and his Nikon cameras.

While the slideshow would sometimes drag on, I fondly look back at these special family moments of gathering as a simple way to be together, to enjoy each other and laugh about the memories captured on film from our recent vacation.

Four months have passed since our wonderful Colorado vacation in and around Rocky Mountain National Park. In true spirit of the classic vacation slide show, my son and his friend have put together a great video recapping all the highlights of our trip.

Grab a Coke and some popcorn, pull up a seat at the bar, dim the lights and enjoy....



Special thanks to Flies & Fins for the soundtrack.

6 comments :

  1. This was a great way to start my Monday...except I wasn't able to wrangle any popcorn for my cube.

    Looks like a pretty special trip. between all of the fish, wildlife, and scenery, it makes me miss the park already (and I'm 45 minutes away).

    The video was awesome, thanks for sharing your memories. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sean. We did have a good time in your home waters. The boys put together a nice multi-media piece of the trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dean, next time you're in Colorado I hope you'll give us a call and we'll show you around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will definitely look you up, Howard. My next trip out west is probably a long way away at this stage--but one never knows.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice video, nice moose views. Many people live here and rarely see one. I take it for granted at times that RMNP is 57 minutes from my door to the side of my fishing hole. Makes me thankful that we live so close. You sure got all the weather on your trip. The rainstorm, well, yes, they happen, and when you least expect them. You learn to look at the skies a lot. They speak the warnings too you. But sometimes you are four miles from your car :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, FisherGirl, and thanks for following. I just checked out your blog and am now following.

    Welcome to the wonderful outdoor blogger world -- it is a _great_ community with lots of insightful, creative, knowledgeable and humorous people. Make sure to check out and join the Outdoor Blogger Network, you will certainly fit in nicely.

    You are truly blessed to live in CO and near RMNP. Such a great outdoor experience.

    ReplyDelete